9.01.2008

Labors of Love

Lee unselfishly spent his day off purse shopping with me. I mean, we did other things, but the entire reason we left the house was so that I could find that "next, great accessory!". We first went to Old Town Alexandria, which has all these cute shops lining the streets. We ate at a place called "Austin Grill" and the Texmex wasn't bad, although the waiter got points off for forgetting to bring us the queso he had talked us into ordering. We didn't need it anyways. :) Old Town is so cool because you can walk right down to the marina and watch the sailboats on the Potomac. There's people wandering around, playing instruments for donations and inviting you to sing along. Anyways, since we were on a hunt for my purse, we stopped in lots of little fancy boutiques, but nothing caught my fancy. So then we went to the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City. It's a four story mall that I am enamored with. It's not the most popular mall in the area, but that's kind of why I like it. We went into every store that had purses, but couldn't find one to buy. The very last store we went into was Guess, and I really doubted I would find a purse in my price range, but then I saw it. On the Clearance rack, marked down from $108 to $50. I had told Lee I was not paying $40 dollars for a purse that I would only use for a couple of months. So I had an internal debate, (and external, with Lee), on whether or not to get it. But, it was a great brand and I absolutely loved it. I mean, I saw it from across the store and just KNEW, you know? So I convinced both Lee and myself that it would be a wise choice to buy it. We got to the register, me gleaming with my awesome purse, and the guy said, "$31.57". What??? Words can't explain the giddiness I felt at the steal of a deal that was my purse. Plus, it came in a reusable Guess bag that I can do grocery shopping with. So, kudos to Lee for laboring today in honor of my purse fetish. Here's a picture of my latest acquisition:

When we came home Lee knocked on the door of our landlords to pay rent. Apparently he woke the guy up and this was obviously irritating to the dude. He told Lee that next time he could just slide it under the door. Seriously? You want us to pay in cash, get no receipt back, AND just slide it under the door? I don't know what kind of morons they generally rent to, but there is no way I'm sliding $1500 dollars under the door, just hoping that they find it before their 2 year old does.

I looked up "Hostel" in the dictionary and decided that where we are living really doesn't fit into the definition. A hostel is more like a hotel, but yet it does offer less privacy than a hotel, and in that regards, our living arrangements are similar. Anyways, now I no longer have a name for our basement, aside from "basement". If you have suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

1 comment:

Meredith R said...

I love the purse. It was worth a day of shopping. Lee is a good man to do all of that shopping with you. Don't let him talk to Coker, who might fill his head with foolishness. I'll think on a word to fully desscribe your basement.