9.07.2010

Fall is starting!

I love fall. I love the anticipation of a new Football season; I have a Fantasy Football team this year, it is called "Naulty-N-Nice". I chose my team with my daddy, so we will see how awesome (or awful) they turn out to be. :) The cooler evenings make me yearn for a small-town TX high school football game. Big city teams and Non-TX teams just don't hold the same appeal. I miss the pep rallies. Getting out of class early, trekking to the band hall to haul my French Horn to the gym, wondering if I'd ever catch the eye of a football player (I did, by the way...I just didn't meet him until college). As I remember it, my mom made burritos for my friends and I most every home game, they were so good! Homemade tortillas, filled with refried beans and Velveeta, and fried to a crispy golden brown. Allsups had nothing on my Mom!

No comments: