11.16.2010

Poverty Week, day 2

The hardest thing about this week, I discovered, is that I am out of sugar. That means no more sweet tea or sugary oatmeal. I ended up putting some powdered sugar in my tea last night. It was kinda strange, but I got used to it. It is silly that I was so bothered by the lack of sugar, but there it is. Anyways, since our milk is so limited, I opted for Oatmeal this morning, sweetened with honey. It was pretty good, but my little honey bear is getting pretty empty. :( For lunch I went to a friend's house, and she mostly cooked with things she already had in her pantry, so it still kinda went along with the poverty idea. Tonight I made rice and beans, seasoned with cilantro and lime.

On a slightly different note, last night I was kind of sad and didn't want to do anything. I think the stress of not being "able" to go fill my pantry was kind of wearing on me. That seems a bit melodramatic...but if it was possibly already affecting me in that manner, what would it do longterm?

No comments: