3.10.2011

It hasn't been a month, and already another blog!! :)

I'm going to start with me first. My family would say that's what I always start with, and while they might have a point, I like to think they are just teasing. ;) Anyways, here's the latest: I'm obsessed with my teeth right now. I hadn't thought much of it until today when I was telling my friend Margie how great my teeth whitening kit is working. As I got excited about telling her about my nightly flossing and mouthwash routine, I realized I had turned a corner in my life: I love my teeth. We both started laughing at my little obsession, but it's true. I absolutely adore my new dentist, I love the way my teeth feel so smooth when I run my tongue across them. And, the professional whitening kit I received from my dentist for FREE because I had a coupon? Really does work. It's only been 4 days, and I'm already proud of my newly white teeth.

Now for a more serious matter: I really love God. He's been patient with me as I've transitioned into this new role of mommyhood. He never left, even when I would read a romance novel instead of the Bible, because he knew I'd come back. I think He understood that I couldn't handle anymore than "fluff"...and the Bible is a lot of things, but "fluff" isn't one of them. Not that I left, exactly, I was just surviving and not searching for Him anymore. I've realized my lack of searching for a while now, but only recently have I decided to take bigger steps. I am no longer hiding under his wings, knowing he's protecting me, but not being able to see Him. Nope, I can see Him now. I'm not hiding in His shadows, but searching for Him throughout my day. I see Him in the rain that has fallen so prettily lately. I Praised Him when my daffodils showed their pretty faces this week. I hear Him every time Cole says "Mommaw" (that's kind of how he pronounces it...I so love to hear it). I know that when Cole puckers up those lips for a kiss I'm being blessed by Him. And I see His actions constantly in Lee, with his giving heart and selfless attitude. I am far from perfect, but that's ok. God knows when I need to be sheltered and protected. But He also believes in me and knows that once I'm strong enough, I can be His mighty faith warrior. Because with Him, all things are possible (Matthew 19:26). So I'm going to keep searching for Him, striving to get closer to Him all the time. And when I stumble and need to be protected, I know that He will once again pull me under His wing and I will know "the Lord has heard my cry of mercy..." (Psalm 6:9).

In Cole news:
As I said, he says Mommaw now, emphasis on "maw". He said DaDa for the first time today, which made Lee the happiest man in the world. Of course the next time Cole was prompted to say "dada", Cole pointed right at Lee and said "mommaw". But he's getting there. :)Cole will also say "all right!" and "I did it", and he said "margie" (Gee) and "Elijah" (LiJah) today. We'll see if he remembers them next time he sees them.
There are a lot of other words that we think he has said, but can't get him to repeat. Like "Veggietales" and "I love you". He started singing along with Veggietales today. It was the cutest thing he had done in, like, 10 whole minutes.

I taught him how to do a fist bump this week. We are working on the sign for "thank you" but it is a little challenging because it is similar to another sign we have taught him. :) You see, for "thank you" you touch your chin with your fingertips, then pivot your hand straight down, in an arc motion (that may not explain it well...just youtube it if you are really curious). Well a long time ago I taught him to blow a kiss when saying good bye. So he kisses the palm of his hand (similar to touching his chin) and then throws the kiss to the side (instead of down, for "thank you"). So the signs are similar and it is taking him longer to learn "thank you". But he gets a twinkle in his eye when I am teaching him, so I think he'll pick it up eventually.

Today he brought me his pajamas at 4 in the afternoon and started yanking on his sweats, trying to get them off. So I helped and he stayed in his pj's the rest of the day. Then he pulled off one sock, and I just let him walk around with one sock on, one sock off. I figured that one foot must have been hot. But the other? It was just fine the way it was.

I've rambled enough for one post. If you are still with me, you must really love my family. Oh, and Lee's really good, too. I didn't talk about him much, but he's still around and as awesome as usual. Last Wednesday he was watching Cole (I go into work since Lee has Wednesdays off) and finally, after 16 months of having this kiddo, Lee understood completely why I sometimes just hand Cole off as soon as Lee walks in the door at night. Lee was worn out by the time I got home. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margie McCoy said...

I'm happy to hear about your latest obssessions! And love that Cole is learning to talk, can't wait to hear what he says next!