3.13.2014

March Madness!!

It's time to create my bracket for the annual college basketball tournament. I do this every year, with varying levels of success. But the one thing that does not vary is my knowledge of college basketball. I know nothing. I don't watch college sports any other time of the year, I have no idea what teams are awesome and who the underdogs are. I tend to think that UNC will always get to the Final Four, and am consistently shocked when this doesn't happen. I became a Tar Heels basketball fan because a cute boy in junior high liked them--no joke. And it stuck to this day, even though I have moved on to another, cuter, boy. ;)

But next Monday is going to come, and my heart will start to race in anticipation of those great games. The ones where some team who has worked hard all year, and has the record to prove it, will somehow be knocked out of the tourney by some no-name, barely-winning-record team who will inevitably lose in the next round. I love underdogs! Unless they are playing the Tar Heels. Then I scowl and mock them and assume they feel sorry for themselves, since they will obviously be losing when that last buzzer sounds.

No comments: