3.09.2010

The Lovely Boy

How is it that a little boy who was so whiny and clingy yesterday can be so content and happy today? He was in and out of the car all day today, stuck in his carseat a good portion of the day, and he only cried when it was time to eat. I was very proud of my little man!

Aarolyn and I tried on lots of shoes at Off Broadway today. It was so fun, going up and down the aisles, slipping our feet into the highest, most awesome heels we could find! This is one of the things that doing with a girl friend is much more fun than doing it with the spouse. Lee is a great shopper and is very patient with me, but I don't think he would have tried on heels with me...

I finally bought Cole a baby book last night. I got it from Amazon and I have high hopes for it. Right now, all his stats are being kept in a blog that I haven't published. I also bought Cole's Easter outfit today. He has a blue sweater with an argyle pattern across the chest, and blue plaid shorts, with little blue shoes. I hope it passes the "grandmother" test! :) Lee's a little worried about the shorts, but they are so cute, I think it'll work.

Finally, I have noticed that when I am tired, I start digging my fingernails or intensely rubbing various spots on my face. I don't know how long I've been doing this, but it's kind of weird. It hurts, but it kind of feels good and comforts me, I guess. So after this weekend of no sleep, I have a raw spot on the bridge of my nose, and my right temple has nail marks. You can say it. I know I'm pretty psycho...

1 comment:

mylifefromscratch said...

The shoe shopping sounds like a lot of fun... I could use a healthy does of it myself! I've also found that getting out of the house sometimes helps the babies just as much as it helps us. Maybe it was just what your little guy needed today too! The Easter outfit sounds adorable... it is so fun to dress them up!