4.23.2010

A little thing

I love how Cole can get distracted from a toy for a minute, then find the toy again and act like it is the neatest surprise ever.

Lee just read Cole a story. It melts my heart, how tender he is with Cole. Of course, Lee's pretty tender with everyone--it is something I find incredibly inspiring. He's so patient with me; I'm not the best wife out there. I am a lazy procrastinator who doesn't find mopping/vacuuming/dusting at the top of my to-do list. Ever. That means when we expect people to come over, Lee carves out some time to do these chores...he knows that it is probably the only way they will get done. I should do these things. He never asks me to, which is why I don't. Why would I do them, when he does them better and doesn't expect me to do them? Because I love him. This, is why I should do these arduous chores. Because he takes pride in having a clean house, and I should respect him enough to help him out, even when I know that whoever is coming over is not going to notice that the floors are sparkly and the carpets have that just-vacuumed fluffy thing going on. It doesn't matter that people don't notice. Lee notices...and that matters.

1 comment:

Brianna Kay said...

I feel you on this one Alecia! I have been praying about this in our house as well and we are getting better, but it's a struggle!