5.28.2010

peace

Cole has mastered sitting up by himself. He can't get into this position by himself, but he stays when I put him there (at least until he decides he rather roll around...). Yesterday, he was sitting and I reached out my fingers to him, and he grabbed them and pulled himself up to a standing position. I didn't offer any strength, just support. You should have seen his face! He was so proud of himself, and just laughed and laughed! We showed Lee this after he came home from a very long day at the office. For some reason, I had tears in my eyes as we showed off for daddy. I think it was because Lee said this: "That's awesome, Alecia!" So simple. And really Cole did the work, not me. But two things stood out to me. 1) Lee loves that I can be home to witness Cole's small feats in his little world. And 2) When Lee uses my name, I come undone. He says it with such care and wonder, like I am the most amazing creature ever. He truly is my Happy Place.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Now you have me crying.