9.29.2008

Today

I went to the DMV again today. Once again, I came home with nothing accomplished. At least this time, however, I didn't sit in the parking lot for 10 minutes, sobbing. :) I'm becoming so mature. Anyways, turns out that, although a lease is accepted for proof of address, it has to be typed. Since ours isn't, it won't work. Not our fault that our landlords are unprofessional, but that just doesn't matter to the DMV. But a bank statement will work, so I already have that replaced in my "DMV portfolio". Initially, I couldn't find our registration card, so I had TX fax us a new one. The first time I went, The lady said, "This is faxed." I said, "Yes it is." She said, "It can't be faxed." I said, "Website didn't say anything about that stipulation." She won the argument. So, I called TX (after the aforementioned crying jag) and requested that they mail me a new one (I even got them to waive the $2 fee!). So I took that with me today, and after getting by the first lady who gave me a number, and waiting in another line, I found out that my registration card couldn't be accepted because it was expired, so they needed my title. Could no one have told me this before??? We were barely moved in when it expired... but our bad. We should have done it quickly, instead of putting it off. I don't have my title, because we are still paying off my car. Therefore, I had to call the mortgage company and ask them to FEdEx my title to the DMV. Who knows how long that will take.

Here's a fun list of things that are required in order for me to get my VA license, title, and registration:

Old driver's license (which they will shred--I'm so sorry to betray you, TX!)
Social Security Card
Marriage License
Birth Certificate
Insurance
Inspection
Emissions Inspection
BAnk STatement
Original Title
Receipt saying that I paid sales tax when I bought my car
3 different forms, one for each objective.

As far as I know, once I get all these items, I will be able to drive legally in VA. Until then, I'm on the run.

I got a job opportunity today. Oct. 11 I will be working at the "Friends of the Potomac River Refuge" 5th Annual Fall Wildlife Festival. My job? Face painting. I am so excited! I've had experience face painting in the past and just really enjoy doing it. So the next couple of weeks I will be practicing my skills on painting animals, flowers, insects, etc. It's gonna be so cool.

No comments: