7.14.2008

Our basement

Last night was our first night in our permanent housing in DC. We actually live in Falls Church, VA, but we're only 5 miles from DC, and it just sounds cooler to say that we live in DC.

After having a late dinner at PF Chang's, we realized that we had no shower curtain liner. Target, alas, was already closed, and we'd been moving all day and we had to clean up! We decided to be very careful and shower just using the cloth part that usually hangs outside the tub. Lee went first and tried to be careful but ended up soaking the floor anyways. He's like a duck when he's in the shower...splashing around like the water is the funnest thing ever. I didn't get the floor wet at all, but I don't reenact Schlitterbahn, either.

There is a family of 5 living above us. Sleeping in someone's basement has its problems. At some point I woke up to people running around and bumping into things. And, we have no control over the AC. Since I turn into a furnace when I sleep, I need the room to be very cool. We have a ceiling fan, but last nite both Lee and I tossed and turned and just couldn't get comfy. I guess we'll have to bring in more fans, or else Alecia's gonna get cranky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Alecia - a basement? How big is this basement? It sounds like there are adventures around every corner of your life right now!! Sure do miss you. Have you had a chance to call my niece?
love you - dee

Meredith R said...

I get cranky when I'm hot, too. You know what you need to post? Pictures! Not of being hot, but of this basement. Love! Meredith