8.26.2008

Been a while

It's been a while since I have been on here, but what a roller coaster these past 2 weeks have been. On Saturday, Aug. 16th we went White Water Rafting with our young adult class from church. It was great fun, although I was afraid I would get thrown out and my head would go under, as per my greatest fear. But that didn't happen once. We did have to navigate some Class 4 rapids and that was such an adventure. The raft got stuck on some rocks occasionally, but it was nothing we couldn't handle. Lee and I want to try a 2-person raft next time.

Last Tuesday, Lee's aunt passed away. She was a treasure and without her, family gatherings will change completely. We flew back to TX last Friday to be with the family and attend the funeral. It was great to see all of Lee's family; we are such a close group of people, and the more time I spend with them the more I appreciate and love them.

This morning (Tuesday), I flew out of DFW back to DC, and Lee flew to KC for work. It is good to be back home. The plane ride was my favorite ever. We received whole coke cans instead of just the little, watered down cups they generally give out. There were small sandwiches, chips, and a Twix, plus, they showed a movie! I know I am probably a complete country bumpkin, but I had never seen a movie on a plane before. I'd read about them, but never seen one. So it was quite the exciting trip for me. Aside from the fact that the man sitting at the end of my row slept (and snored) the whole time, and I was too kind to wake him up so that I could make a move to the restroom. By the time the plane taxied to a stop, I was pushing people out of the way (after saying "excuse me", of course, since I'm just too dang nice for my own good) to get to the bathroom. That was the sweetest relief I had felt in some time.

I have a job interview tomorrow, plus a possible other one that will be lined up tomorrow, so the job search is looking up. I went to a temp agency last week and they interviewed me for 3 hours. But they are really working hard to get me a job, so I appreciate all their efforts. The interview was so long because I was put through many tests. I had a math test, a spelling test, and a filing test. Out of 50 questions, I missed 4. But if I had been paying attention, I wouldn't have missed any. The computer test was so hard! I know my microsoft office, but they were testing me on the newest versions out there, which I had never even seen before. The tool bars were all in different places. I felt really dumb, but I just tried my best. Then there was a personality test. And personal interviews. One guy told me I didn't have a Texas accent. I blessed him profusively. Not that I am embarrassed by the texan in me, because I can definitely pull out the country girl if I need to...but it's nice that I can alter it when necessary. It really floors people when I switch from texan to british. Oh yes, me of many talents. Anyways, apparently they think there is a job for me somewhere, because they have called every day now with job opportunities. Of course, I've been in TX and couldn't take any of them, but starting tomorrow, there is hope. :) Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We appreciate you and love you, too! -Jenna