8.27.2008

Quick story

I meant to add this embarrassing little tale to the last blog, and forgot.

Last week while I was frantically packing, I laid out all my nonessential makeup on the shelf above the commode, on top of the magazines. I haven't cleaned up this mess yet. Today I reached for my latest Glamour and knocked an eyeshadow into the, um, used toilet. I tried to catch it, but since I was "sitting down", this was just impossible. I was not about to stick my hand in there, and yet, I don't think flushing this compact would have been healthy for the septic system. So as I am staring at the water that is slowly turning a pinkish color, I get the idea to use kitchen tongs. Fortunately, I have a couple so I could afford to sacrifice one to the Porcelain Throne. I finally got the makeup fished out and laughed at the weird antics I get myself into. By the way, it's not the first time that I have dropped something in the toilet. I've lost chapstick, jewelry, hair ties, and now makeup all to the toilet. I've got to try harder to keep that lid closed!

No comments: